Category: Pet Wellness
Why My Pet Should Get Neutered or Spayed
When you get a new pet, it’s imperative to get it checked out by your vet. If your new furry friend is young, your vet will likely recommend spaying or neutering the animal. However, some pet owners may not understand why it’s necessary.
How to Tell if Your Pet Has Allergies
Our pets can suffer from allergies just like people. When the immune system mistakenly identifies a harmless substance (an allergen) as a threat and attacks it, this causes the symptoms we associate with allergies.
Why Do Dogs Lick Their Paws?
It’s normal for all dogs to lick their paws from time to time, as a part of their regular self-grooming routine. If yours, however, always seems to be licking or biting at its paws, it could be an indication of something deeper going on, and our veterinarian at Compassion Animal Hospital in Woodland Park can help you get to the bottom of it.
How to Tell if Your Pet is Overheating
In the summer, pets can become overheated quickly which puts them at risk of suffering heat exhaustion (heatstroke). If not addressed promptly, heatstroke can cause permanent organ damage and even be fatal.
- Companion Laser Therapy for Pets: Managing Pain and Promoting Healing
- How to Travel Safely With Your Pets – National Pet Travel Safety Day
- The Best Gifts to Give Your Pet This Christmas
- Traveling This Holiday Season? 5 Boarding and Daycare Tips for Your Pet
- 8 Fun Fall Activities You Can Do With Your Pup
- How to Be a More Responsible Dog Owner for Responsible Dog Ownership Month
- Animal Pain
- Animal Pain Awareness Month
- Animal Wellness
- Cat Adoption
- Cat Owner Tips
- Ear Infections
- Owner Education
- Pet Activities
- Pet Adoption
- Pet Asthma
- Pet Facts
- Pet Habits
- Pet Health
- Pet Obesity
- Pet Owner Tips
- Pet Ownership
- Pet Pain
- Pet Safety
- Pet Stress
- Pet Tips
- Pet Wellness
- Quality of Life
- Senior Pets
- Veterinary Services